- 18 Holes
- 6,101 Yards
- 72 Par
- England Area
- Parkland Type
On the 2nd January 1910 eleven local businessmen, many of whom were members of the Cheshire Hunt, met on an informal basis and agreed to form a golf club to be sited on Crown land adjacent to the ancient English hunting forest off Delamere. Hunting had taken place in Delamere Forest dating back to William the Conqueror’s time under the stewardship of Hugh d'Avranches the first of the Norman Earls of Chester.
The name Delamere originates from the medieval forests of Mara and Mondrem. By a quirk of geology however the site selected for the course had in prehistoric times been beneath the sea and in consequence the course has the great good fortune to be built entirely on a sandy base.
The Delamere GC, Station Rd, Delamere, Cheshire, CW8 2JE