Located at Baltray, formerly a fisherman’s village at the mouth of the River Boyne, north of the medieval town of Drogheda, Co Louth Golf Club was established in 1892. The golf course sits on a 190 acre site of seaside links terrain and has built a reputation of being one of the finest and most enjoyable courses in Ireland. The present layout remains largely unchanged from the design laid out by renowned course architect Tom Simpson in 1938.
The course has two nine hole loops. A remarkable feature of the layout as it winds its way through the dunes is that the player seldom feels that any two holes play in exactly the same direction.
County Louth Golf Club, Baltray, Drogheda, Co. Louth, A92 HK03, Ireland