The Archerfield Fidra course was opened for play in 2004 after being designed by David ‘DJ’ Russell. Archerfield Links originally started as a private members club however, has recently opened it doors to visitors subject to availability. Golf has been played on the Archerfield Estate since the early 18th Century before being expanded into a full 18-holes golf course in 1910 before the grounds were taken over by the Ministry of Defence during the Second World War. The Archefield Fidra course measures approximately 7,000 yard with large Greens that are receptive, with subtle borrows to test the best of putters. Many putting surfaces have run-up areas in front, enabling golfers to play a traditional bump-and-run shot along the ground.
Archerfield GC, Fidra, Archerfield Links, Golf Club House, Golf Green, Dirleton, North Berwick, East Lothian, EH39 5HU