Established in 1894, Royal St David's Golf Club is the home of one of the finest traditional links courses in the world. The undulating fairways and fast true greens are all that would be expected of a championship links course.
The Par 69 course has been increased to a challenging 6,629 yds from the Championship Tees following the extension of the practice ground and the reconfiguration of the 17th hole in 2008. It is noted for a succession of long testing par 4 holes and 5 par 3's, which vary in length and direction. A feature is the large size of the greens.
The last 5 holes form a loop through the dunes that provides 'a finish the equal of any'.
The Signature hole at Royal St David's is the 15th. The 15th is a seaside hole on the grand scale. Slightly dog legged from the tee, the fairway winged by sand dunes all the way, narrows down some seventy yards from the green.
Royal St David's, Royal St.David's Golf Club, Harlech, North Wales, LL46 2UB