The original 9 holes were laid out on 26 acres of land belonging to the Cromore Estate on the seaward side of the County Road to Portrush at Portmore to the East of the town. In June of 1904 an extension of the ground provided a more challenging nine holes and led to the employment of our first professional green keeper David Simpson. In 1916 the club obtained area of ground on the landward side of the County Road sufficient to allow for its enlargement from 9 to 12 holes and these were opened for play in 1918.
In 1934 the course was further enlarged to 18 holes, designed by Mr R C Davison together with James Rea, the green keeper at the time.
Portstewart GC, 117 Strand Road, Portstewart, Co.Londonderry, BT55 7PG, Northern Ireland